Your Thoughts Exactly: Constitutional Law: Amateur Hour

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

 

Constitutional Law: Amateur Hour

I admit, I have done a poor job posting since the Fall of 2004. Perhaps the election really affected me terribly. Or I am just overworked. Or, more likely, I am just lazy. In any case, this begins a concerted effort to regain my status as a regular blogger. I propose a plan beneficial both to you, the reader, and to me, the law student: I will take the opportunity provided by free blogging to work on my constitutional law skills, while offering you the chance to pick any debate you chose and engage me on it here on this blog.

Use the comments to this post to request a topic - Was Roe v. Wade a good decision from a pro-choice viewpoint? Does the court ruling in Maryland, striking a state law prohibiting same-sex marriage as unconstitutional under the state's constitution, differ from what has been tried or adjudicated in California, Oregon, and Massachussetts? Why in the world would the First Amendment prevent a state from regulating strip clubs? And why doesn't it? Ask any question you would like, and I will provide as thorough of an analysis as I can, offering points on different sides of the debate. Then you can pick it all apart in the comments.

Comments:
well I already asked for a Roe vs. Wade analysis. So go for it.
 
Rather than request a topic, I will quickly run down those listed. Roe V> Wade was a monumental decision and should stand for as long as our country does. It is simply the most important decision to date for women's rights.

Let same-sex marriages happen. Homesexuals deserve to be recognized just as they are in many European countries and at the least should share in partner's benefits.

Strip clubs have their place. While I wouldn's want to live next to one, they have as much or a right to open in a business/entertainment district as any other form of bar/pub.
 
Where are the pictures?
 
I would appreciate:

1) An analysis of Bush v Gore and
2) Commentary of Roberts and Alito's assertion that they can't comment on any cases that may have bearing on future decisions.
 
Shut the fuck up, Brian.
 
Shut the fuck up, Anonymous.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?