Your Thoughts Exactly: Baseball A-OK!

Friday, September 30, 2005

 

Baseball A-OK!

All I can say is: yes! The Sox clinched the AL Central, and it didn't even come down to the last series with cleveland. Clinching this early will hopefully let us rest everyone up, get our rotation in the perfect order. Hopefully Contreras first, Buerhle second, and Garcia on the first road game. At this point I've lost a lot of confidence in Jon Garland, as I think that the league has caught up to him (and not the 'law' of averages). I say let's put McCarthy out there and ride him like the Marlins rode Josh Beckett in '03. Still, Garland obviously should be in the rotation, but with a quick hook.
 
And how do I like our chances? It's the playoffs, so "Anything can happen", right? I still think our formula over the season translates into the postseason pretty well. But our offense was a lot better when Podsednik was stealing bases, and he hasn't done that lately. He did get 2 yesterday, and hopefully that's a sign of things to come. And lastly our bullpen is in chaos right now. We have a lot of potential closers but no definitive one. So it might come down to closer by committee in the playoffs, something that will no doubt have me wanting to stick plastic forks in my eyes at the end of every game.
 
The bottom line is that the AL is wide open. None of the playoff teams, with the exception of Cleveland, has been hot at the end, and even they seem to be losing their grip. Sure, the White Sox have no postseason experience, but I'm still hoping. If the Red Sox didn't, why not us?

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?