Your Thoughts Exactly: John Bolton Appointed as U.S. Ambassador to the U.N.

Tuesday, August 02, 2005

 

John Bolton Appointed as U.S. Ambassador to the U.N.

On a cold, damp day in Punta Arenas, Chile, President Bush used the constitutional power of recess appointment to put in place his choice for United States Ambassador to the United Nations, John Bolton.

"Said I loved you...but I lied," said Bolton, explaining, "'cause this is more than love I feel inside."

Bolton appeared ecstatic at the prospect of serving at the U.N., his enthusiasm highlighted by the tiny flickering of flames in his eyes. "After exhausting all my powers of criticizing and demeaning the U.N. from without, I look forward to the opportunity the President has bestowed upon me to undermine that foul institution from within. I am honored by being selected for this important task, and am, as ever, the President's humble servant."

Somewhere around the world a child dropped her ice cream cone.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?