Your Thoughts Exactly: Time 4 Sum Aksion

Wednesday, June 29, 2005

 

Time 4 Sum Aksion

After a hiatus that involved surfing in Australia, a whole lot of drinking, some other recreational drugs, a sail trip, about 8 final projects, a trans-world flight, whirlwind trips to Chicago and D.C., and a whole lot of bumming around, I am proud to say that I am ready to reaffirm my commitment to the blog. This creative renaissance coincides with another life transition where I have to build my life from nothing. My instinctive reaction is to sit around the house, purchase some sort of multiplayer online game, and catch up on my rap videos. Of course there will be some of this, but the motto for this summer is stolen straight from Redman, and coincidently, the title of this blog entry.

For those of you hinging your hopes for the salvation of Democracy on the Marshall ’06 campaign, do not fear…the campaign is alive and well. I even have t-shirts, thanks to campaign graphic designer Anna Dole. Next I need some buttons and bumper stickers. And some voters. The blog will contain regular updates on policy developments, as well as the ups and downs of one kid trying to change the system. Ok so they will be mostly downs, but I don’t give up easily. A year and a half is plenty of time to get my name recognized by the majority of Massachusetts residents. Of course, I will appreciate any ideas on this front from blog readers. The odds are heavily stacked against me, with something like 93 percent of incumbents getting reelected. My nemesis right now is Michael Capuano, our current Democratic representative. I emailed him, informing him that I am coming for him and challenging him to a debate, but he doesn’t view me as a big enough threat to respond. That will soon change.

Aksion is what’s needed these days. The Democrats are once again letting the Republicans define them as “non-progressive,” by not letting Bush’s nominees through and not passing legislation. The answer to this of course, is that just doing stuff, (passing legislation, starting wars, etc.) isn’t how you are supposed to govern. Aksion ideally should help a majority of the constituents you serve, or provide aid to groups disaffected by the economic and social realities of our system (the poor!), and espouse the agreed upon principles on which our country is supposed to run: tolerance, equality, and freedom.

The best political solution for the Democrats is the most tried and true maneuver in the political game: outright thievery. Remember the Contract with America? Of course you do. Do you remember what was in it? Of course you don’t. But man did it have a nice name. The Democrats should come up with ten points/policies that thematically outline their agenda, if they were given control of Congress in 2006. They could follow my past suggestion and focus on a Security Agenda. Or they could call it the “Montract with America,” and just throw in random points like, “we think every American should have a pie on their table and a puppy in their yard.” Who doesn’t like puppies?

Whatever. I shouldn’t be giving the Democrats advice because, even though I plan on running as a candidate representing their party, I am only doing so because people in this country are too closed minded to vote for someone who is not labeled. After I destroy the Republican leadership, the Dems shouldn’t plan on taking over, because I don’t like them. Unless Howard Dean wants to run the country: that I’d allow. I respect Dean because he understands that this is War. Socially this war exists between progressives such as ourselves, and those blinded by the opiate that is evangelism, or fears of those who are different. Actually opiate is the wrong drug; as I can tell you opium just makes you sit there contently. Evangelism appears to encourage irrational whining, shaking fits, and conversing with the lord, so maybe I should compare it to PCP. As with all wars of course, the transnational corporate class will profit. Yippee.

Anyways, I’ll be blogging much more frequently, and I promise they won’t all be so hostile. I’ll even throw in some Red Sox, movie reviews, and random crap for all our fans. We have fans right? Someone reads this? TJ? How was work TJ?

Comments:
I would just like to point out that a man wandering the nether-regions of Norway posts more often than all three of you combined.

Congratulations.
 
Hostility! I like it
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?