Your Thoughts Exactly: Another crappy, crappy, crappy end to another sports season.

Tuesday, April 05, 2005

 

Another crappy, crappy, crappy end to another sports season.

The Illini had a good season. There, I said it. A very good season. But when you win 37 games, you're supposed to win the whole damn thing, not fall short to a team that lost 4 times as many games as you. And now no one will remember the Illini, which is sad, because they were a good team. A good team that played badly in its final game and was beaten by a team that played not-quite as badly.

I might still be in denial- I turned off the radio whenever I heard people talking about it, I didn't read articles about it on the Web, and I refuse to acknowledge that crappy-ass UNC won the championship. What irritates me almost as much as the fact that the Illini lost is that there were so many people picking the ass-hats from Chapel Hill to win, and now they all can say 'I told you so." Dick Vitale, I understand. But basically every "expert" picked the ugly-faces to win. And this was the number 1 team in the nation they were picking against. If they were playing Duke or Kentucky, people would be split probably 50/50. What is wrong with you people? How can you be a college basketball fan and pick UNC or Duke to win every year? I guess people pick the Yankees to win every year. And those people should be shot. In the genitals.

At least the Bulls are charging hard towards the number 2 spot in the Eastern playoffs. I predict we come up a game short and end up with the #4. But dammit, we're going to win the whole thing anyway.

As for a White Sox non-statistical preview, here it is: Pitching: slightly above mediocre, Batting: mediocre, Bench:below average, Defense:above average, Managing (both general and on the field): terrible. I predict 160-2.

There you go.

Edit: P.S. Sean May likes gerbils. A lot.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?