Your Thoughts Exactly: 3rd and short

Saturday, February 05, 2005

 

3rd and short

Completing the trifecta, it is now time for a superbowl preview from none other than that oft-absent blogger, David. Marmar has provided an preview based more on analysis, Stu on a couple of focus points; I will try to find a new angle.

I used to love T.O. He was a badass emerging in San Fran replacing Rice as the go-to-guy. Though I loved Rice, I was drawn to T.O.'s ability to rack up the yards after the catch. And I've always enjoyed his end-zone celebrations. (as a matter of fact, that may be a topic of a whole separate post). I have also rooted for the Eagles as one of my favorite teams outside of Seattle in recent years, and been disappointed by their struggles in the post season. So put the two together this year, and you'd think I'd be as big of a fan of the Eagles as one can be for a team that isn't their own. Alas, 1+1 does not equal two.

I'm not sure what it is; maybe it was T.O. blasting Jeff Garcia for the last year and a half. (Another player I have liked over the last half-decade) Maybe I felt it was a cheap way for the Eagles to get over the hump, just by yankee-ing up and getting the best player they could find. Or perhaps I never really liked the Eagles, but they were playing the Rams and Packers in the playoffs, and its easy to love any team trying to beat those two. But sometimes two things you like just don't go well together. Have you ever tried pickles in your ice cream?

Anywho, I think I'll be pulling for the Patriots yet again. I've always been a semi-fan of the Pats and the Red Sox; perhaps it's the bleeding-heart liberal in me. I expect a good game tomorrow. Brady will probably be forced into a costly mistake early, but he's too smart to let that get to him, and has too many weapons and makes too many good decisions to repeat it. The Patriots should take a slim lead into the half, and pull away by the end of the third, with Donovan saving his mistake for the second half. Dillon will keep the aggressive and ball-hungry Eagles' D honest, and, combined with creative passing sets and routes, the Patriots should move steadily down the field more than enough to lock up a solid victory. Let the "best team ever" debates begin.

Patriots 34, Eagles 20

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?