Your Thoughts Exactly: The Championship Games!

Tuesday, January 18, 2005

 

The Championship Games!

I've looked at the stats, I've watched the games, and I've broken down game film. Ok, no, I haven't done any of that. But I'm still prepared to give you my prediction for this Sunday's Pats-Steelers game.

Let me tell you, the Pats did absolutely dominate the shit out of the Colts. It was actually such domination that it was boring to watch. Basically, they kept the Colts' offense off the field, beat them up when they were on, and did enough on offense to score 20 points.

But I'm still picking the Steelers. Why? Because the Pats played incredible and won by 17, and the Steelers played awful and still won by 3. Because the Pats could only manage 20 points against a terrible Colts defense, and the Steelers are going to be running the same ball control offense that the Patriots want to run so desperately. Because Roethlisberger can't possibly play as badly as he did against the Jets. And because they beat them in Week 8. So the Steelers will be running the ball down the Patriots throats, and when the Pats try to respond with the same, it won't work. Because the Steelers have a good defense. Not like those Colts.
Anyway, 17-3 Steelers is my new improved prediction.

As for the Eagles-Falcons game, I'm picking the Eagles despite the fact that they are cursed and can't possibly win an NFC championship game. So that's right, I'm picking an all-Pennsylvania Super Bowl.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?