Your Thoughts Exactly: Sorry Dave, another O.C. post (spoiler-free!)

Thursday, December 09, 2004

 

Sorry Dave, another O.C. post (spoiler-free!)

I like TV. I do. And I like to think I have good taste in television: Seinfeld, Simpsons, Cheers, all rank up there in my top shows. But like I said, I'm a newcomer to the prime-time drama scene. So I'm used to laughing at a shows, not getting involved in them.

Still, I have watched enough TV that I know great television moments when I see them. Before tonight, I had never yelled "HOLY SHIT!" at a TV show before (non-sports, of course). Now "The O.C." gets that distinction from me... and at least a few other people.

In fact there are only a few moments like this in all of mass art's history; Darth Vader revealing he's Luke's father, finding out that Verbal Kint is Keyser Soze; perhaps finding out that you're Darth Revan* in KOTOR, realizing that Andy Dufresne didn't kill himself. You know what I'm talking about.

When these moments happen, the best ones are the ones where you feel like you should have seen them coming, the ones where you know you've been manipulated, but you don't even care because you're giggling about it.

Well, there you have it. The O.C. If you haven't started watching, get cracking!

Comments:
Stu, you are Darth Revan in KOTOR not Darth Malak.

I would also like to include when Cloud realizes he wasnt in Soldier in Final Fantasy VII...that is all
 
i sure have been making a lot of mistakes lately.
 
Terrible.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?