Your Thoughts Exactly: Holiday Message

Wednesday, December 22, 2004

 

Holiday Message

At Your Thoughts, we have one Jew, one Atheist, and one person who just doesn’t give a fuck. Still Christmas is around the corner, a celebration of the birth of the son of God for some, but for all a chance to exchange gifts with the ones you love, to spend time with family that may or may not drive you crazy, and to reflect on the year that was.

Being in Australia, I am in a sort of bizarro-world where it doesn’t feel like Christmas is really here. I’ve spent too many days in the past week at the beach, soaking in rays and riding waves. I know it’s awful. Christmas in Australia fuses with New Years into a sort of super 4th of July, a holiday of BBQs and drinking, and fireworks, and cricket, and more drinking. It will be fun, but there is part of me that misses the snow (or more likely freezing rain).

Christmas this year is especially hard for me since I am so far away from the ones I love. The plus of the information age is I can keep in touch, through email, IM, and the telephone. While such things help, nothing for a human replaces face to face contact. But I hold all you friends, family, and loved ones in my heart. I wish you all holiday cheer, a safe New Year, and will be seeing all of you soon. Happy Holidays

Comments:
dave is an atheist too!
 
an atheist jew, how about that!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?