Your Thoughts Exactly: A view of the Red Sox

Saturday, October 23, 2004

 

A view of the Red Sox

So, tonight begins the World Series, and I assume that almost everybody outside of St. Louis and New York will be rooting for the Red Sox. Count me among those fans, at least for another week. Marmar speaks the truth when he says the religiosity of 'the Red Sox Nation' must annoy non-fans. No kidding, it's not like you guys are alone here. In fact, both Chicago teams have gone longer without a championship, or even a series appearance.

But it's good to root for the Red Sox because as of right now, they're still cursed, they're still the underdogs, and they've still had 86 years without a championship. But that will all change if they actually win the World Series.

In fact, if and when the Red Sox do win the World Series, I will switch from liking them to hating them. My reasons for cheering for them are three-fold: 1) Marmar deserves it, 2) It's been 86 years, and 3) They're enemies of the Yankees.

So when they win, the reasons will change 1) That bitch Marmar will have had 3 championships in 4 years, 2) It will have been 0 years, and 3) well, I'll still root for them over the Yankees. But it's not really like the Red Sox are that good for baseball either, they spend the second most money in the league. And for that matter, the Cubs are right up there too. Why do these teams deserve our sympathy just because they're too inept to spend the money right? From now on, I'm rooting for teams in the AL Central. Except for the Indians, who I wll never like.

I mean, right now I'm a little drunk off all the Red Sox hype. Even Curt Schilling's "God was with me" comments didn't bother me. Of course, come next year, I'll be able to hate him properly. Red Sox in 7.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?