Your Thoughts Exactly: Sox-Angels Game 2 Thoughts

Thursday, October 07, 2004

 

Sox-Angels Game 2 Thoughts

-Another solid team performance leading us to total victory. After the first two games, it appears we are simply in a different league than the Angels. When you conisder the fact we are a much better team at Fenway, I'd be worried if I was from the OC

-Both starters had to deal with the additional burden of the home plate umpire's miniscule strike zone. In general, this benefited the Sox, as they are a much more walk-oriented team than the Angels; the small strike zone magnified this advantage. While I appreciate the benefit for the Sox, as a baseball fan, everyone was a loser, since the game took 4 fucking hours.

- We smoked their bullpen, which is supposedly the Angels overwhelming strength. Whoops.

-I try not to get clichey about players, but damn Pedro's got heart. Two ten pitch ABs to close out the 7th, finishing with the K of Figgins. (Never mind that 99 Pedro would have simply gassed both Figgins and Eckstein, thats not important.) Viva El Gran Pedro.

-Bellhorn needs to be benched. Getting picked off second with the bases loaded, two outs and one of the top 10 hitters in the league up is beyond unacceptable. If I had done this in high school, I'd have ended up in Suffolk County Prison after the game. I'm not kidding, my coach was a psycho prison guard. Bellhorn deserves no less for pulling this stunt in the freaking playoffs.

Confidence: High as Dan Harris

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?