Your Thoughts Exactly: it's been such a long time

Friday, September 10, 2004

 

it's been such a long time

I have been scolded for not posting much lately - deservedly, I admit. So while a more cohesive post is in the works, I shall share a few things.

The Royals scored 26 runs in two games yesterday. They also scored 0 in the second game. They did this with only 1 home run. This is the kind of bit that use to intrigue me; now it simply scares me because this is the type of game that inspires confidence in Bill Bavasi and the Bavasi Plan - sacrifice power and defense for contact!! Look what contact can do!! It can put 13 men in a row on base!! It can score you 26 runs!! Quick, someone find out if Dee Brown and Abraham Nunez are free agents this year!! We still have draft picks to forfeit!! (right, Howard?)

I awakened myself laughing this morning. Why was I laughing, you ask? I was dreaming about the NFL. I was watching the Cowboys play (though it was against the Bills and not the Vikings) and Vinny Testeverde got hurt, and in came a backup who is not a real person, but in my dream I knew he was about 52 years old an terrible. Then he got hurt, and in came Boomer Esiason - only it was Boomer Esiason throwing right handed. Later on ESPN, Chris Berman was trying to explain what happened, saying, while suppressing a chuckle, "I guess that's what happens when you have to go to your third string quarterback and you just cut Quincy Carter and Chad Hutchinson," while right next to him Tom Jackson was laughing hysterically, pretty much coming out of his chair and rolling around on the desk. I was laughing too, and that was when I awoke to my own laughter. This, of course, has nothing to do with me picking Minnesota in my survival league this week only because they are playing against Vinny.

On the bus this morning I was reading the magazine of the guy next to me (yes, I do that. If you've got a problem, don't bring reading material onto the bus). I noticed the introductory sentence to an article that read:

"Think your business software is all that and a bag of microchips?"

Now, I am a huge supporter of The Pun, but you've got to draw the line somewhere, right folks? At least the next line was genuinely funny, even though I doubt it was intended to be: "Well, you're wrong."


Comments:
there marmar - i posted. and i even commented.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?