Your Thoughts Exactly: Who They Like

Sunday, June 13, 2004

 

Who They Like

One of the most addictive sites for killing time (and, obviously, I have a lot of killin to do) is www.fundrace.org, which lists everyone that has given money to a presidential candidate. (go on - spy on your neighbors). Some juicy tidbits I have found:

Rob Neyer: 600 to Edwards, 350 to Dean, and 297 to Kucinich
More than to whom he gave, I am intrigued by the numbers. He must have developed some sort of election-shares statistic, adjusting for speechwriting staff and home state, to get that 297 for Kucinich.

Bill Gates: 2000 to Bush
Quite the philanthropist, especially in Africa, I’m guessing he’s a little put off by the way a certain democratic president siced his Justice Department on Microsoft.

strong>Don King: 2000 to Gephardt, Mosely-Braun, and Bush
I don’t know.

Charles Barkley: 2000 to Edwards.
I always thought he was a conservative. Maybe he still is, but just can’t stand Bush. I’d love for them to meet in a bar with thin windows.

Bill Walton: 2000 to Kerry and Edwards
I’m surprised there’s no Kucinich here, since he’s the one most likely to push for legalization – especially considering his endorsements. Maybe Walton is waiting for the Grassroots Party nominee.

Chuck Norris: 2000 to Bush
Is anyone really surprised by this?

Alex Rodriguez: 2000 to Bush
Took a turn to the dark side after the 2000 season and has not looked back. What, does he need those tax cuts on his 250 million? Good god, if the upper tax bracket rates went back up the extra money from this man alone could probably buy the bullet-proof vests that have been the center of the pettier of the defense spending arguments. Speaking of, is that too much to ask from those who make over 100,000 a year – a little more in taxes to buy some vests for those soldiers you pretend to support as a veil for your desire for lower taxes. (calm down david, calm down).

Come back for more in the future! If I knew how to make a list in the sidebar, I’d keep them there. Unfortunately, I don’t. I did, however, find a way to post pictures, though finding a way to fit them into the template in a more aesthetically creative fashion eludes me.



Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?