Your Thoughts Exactly: we shoulda' seen it coming

Thursday, June 24, 2004

 

we shoulda' seen it coming

All this talk of Beltran to Boston, New York, Philly, and L.A. has been a bunch of misdirection from what we should have seen all along. How could we not realize he'd end up in Houston. Was there anywhere else he could possibly go? Another freakin' "killer B". I'm surprised that hasn't been used in a headline on espn.com yet - they are so creative like that.

p.s. I am still alive! It has been a while since I last posted, but I am well and in Seattle, ready for some thrilling M's/Padres games Saturday and Sunday. My dear Mariners are perhaps the least fun team to watch, but I am excited to see Ichiro!, and also eager to see Brian Giles in person, despite his recent slump (.247 ba, .597! ops in June). He has had a strange statistical progression over the course of the season - at the end of April he was hitting .238 with an OPS of .834, thanks in large part to his 19 walks in the month; he has now raised his average to .277, yet his OPS has dropped to .824.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?