Your Thoughts Exactly: time for something completely unoriginal!

Wednesday, June 16, 2004

 

time for something completely unoriginal!

RANDOM THOUGHTS!!!

Linguistically, the Axis alliance of Germany and Japan wasn’t so strange; they were united by their use of “Ah so.” Maybe Mussolini misheard it as “prego.” Yeah, probably not.

The Mariners recently selected Matt Tuiasosopo with their first pick in the 2004 draft, 93rd overall. Now, this Tui isn’t such a highly rated prospect (unless you count QB), but, none the less, I am both excited and upset about this pick. The Tuiasasopos are one of my favorite families out there. If you ask my friends, they might say I had a bit of a crush on Marques, as he was a stud at UW, a stud in NCAA Football 2000, and a stud on my franchise team in Madden 2003 (though so were both Damon and Brock Huard); anything else about the man can be summed up in two numbers: 300, 200. Middle brother Zach struck me out in summer ball. And now younger brother is the Mariners first pick. I hope he makes it to the bigs so I can have another Tui obsession. The problem is that he is rated by most as a top 5 high school quarterback and had signed to play at UW. I would have liked to see him lead the Huskies for a few years; my friends, unfortunately, will be spared.

It very much bothers me when people call chimps and other apes “monkeys;” I must exert great restraint to not sound like a jackass and correct people. So the other day at the zoo, when I heard a dad correcting his 5 year old kid who kept saying “look at the monkeys daddy, look and the monkeys,” while pointing at bonobos, I turned to my girlfriend and gave her a huge grin of satisfaction. She replied with a very different look.

What’s so wrong with picking your nose?

What does it take to turn up on a Google search?

Larry Brown’s wife is friggin’ hot. I mean, Larry Brown is a cool guy, but he’s 63.

Apparently Chauncy Billups’ Meaning of Life was to be NBA Finals MVP. “What can I say? God is good. God is really good, and he put me here for a reason, and this was it.” Now that he’s fulfilled his mission, why is he still alive? I mean, if his life is going to end now, I’m sure the Pistons would like to know as soon as possible so they can start looking for a new point guard.

Sam Cassell is older than Latrell Sprewell. Does this shock anyone else?

Linda Cohn is just awful. Of course, so is John Anderson, John Buccigross, and John Kruk, Stuart Scott is a cheap imitation of his old self, and Karl Ravech hasn’t been the same since he laid to rest his fabulous “ONErunwillscore…TWOrunswillscore.” And if I hear Steve Beurthiaume bleat out “SAY CHALLO TO MY LILL FREN” one more time, the population of Bristol, CT, is going to take a dive.

If Al Gore was president, and he pressed for and went to war in Iraq in the same way President Bush has, would conservatives still support the war and liberals still oppose it? Sadly, methinks no.

If you haven’t had Graeters Ice Cream, you haven’t lived.

I’ve never been less excited to come home to Seattle and go to some Mariners games. Though seeing them in person may be strangely captivating. At least I get to see three intense games against our passionate regional rival, the San Diego Padres!

I became a lifetime fan of England’s football side when I watched David Beckham send them to the ’02 World Cup by completely dominating a qualifying match against Greece, scoring the equalizer in injury time, in a packed basement of a pub in London. As Beckham scored on a penalty from just outside the box, hands shot in the air, as well as the beer in them, and the room was suddenly turned into a song and dance fest in a rain of beer dripping from the ceiling. Anywho, I get Fox Sports World in my cable package. So why oh why do they show Italy v Denmark and France v Croatia?

I am a huge fan of the semi-colon; not so much of the colon.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?