Your Thoughts Exactly: M's suck. That includes Malone

Thursday, June 17, 2004

 

M's suck. That includes Malone

Well, there’s really not much to say about the Mariners. Getting 2-hit by Victor Santos and managing only 1 run off of Doug Davis speaks for itself, although King Calm Bob Melvin getting angry over the M’s body language is pretty funny. So it is time for another political rant. As you can see, I have put a fundrace watch (June 13 post, if you don’t know what I’m talking about) on the sidebar – I guess this means I’ll have to add to it from time to time. On the topic of prominent figures and whom they support for president, Time Magazine ran these numbers in their May 31 issue:

Out of CEOs listed in the Russell 1000 Index, 261 have made contributions to the Bush-Cheney campaign, while only 36 have donated to Kerry’s campaign. Meanwhile, Kerry has raised $269,385 from employees of Ivy League colleges – almost half coming from Harvard, while Bush has raised $28,851.

First let me say there are problems with these numbers. Mainly, they are comparing two different sets of information; which way this presentation skews the info and by how much is tough to guess, and tough to look up for someone as lazy as myself. Also, even given symmetrical data, this is no way to base ones decision in the upcoming election.

That said, with whom would you rather be in agreement? I mean, sure, if I was trying to pick the perfect person to carry my clubs or shine my shoes (wow, that was absolutely accidental alliteration(I wish I could say the same for that)) I would side with the businessmen; but when its time to chose a leader of our country, I’d like to have a bunch of those smart people also prefer the guy I’m choosing, especially if the choice is an absolute divide between Ivy League professors and rich business tycoons – not that those Ivy League schools can hold a torch to a certain inconveniently dubbed midwestern gem.

Also consider this: Karl Malone, 2000 to Bush. I rest my case.

Edit: if someone can tell me how to make the lines in the sidebar somewhat less than gigantic, please let me know. thanks.

Comments:
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?