Your Thoughts Exactly: Euro 04 update 3

Thursday, June 24, 2004

 

Euro 04 update 3

A quick Euro 04 update, and revised predictions. England and France both won to advance, as Wayne Rooney scored two more goals. The English press is now comparing him to Pele. They are like the Boston media times 1000. Sweden and Denmark played to a 2-2 draw, guaranteeing both would advance; and the Italian Football Association President immediately accused the Scandinavians of a fix. I watched this game, a highly competitive match that featured back and forth play and a SICK first goal by Jon Dahl Tomasson. These were two of the three best teams I have seen in the tournament, and they both deserve to be playing in the next round. Sorry Italy. Gambling wise, I won on England, then got greedy and went for the big bucks on a Bulgaria-Sweden parlay to lose 20 bucks. Luckily, the Sports Tab was in a giving mood, listing Czech Republic as paying off 3.6 -1 because they were playing a second squad against Germany. Doesn’t everyone know the Germans suck now? The German fans seem to. Easy money, plus I had also bet on Denmark to qualify.
Enough bragging about my gambling wins, time to brag about my prognostication skills! Check out my predictions before the tournament before the group stage. Perfection is a state of mind my friends, only for the strong and extraordinary. Why then, am I going to revise my predictions for the final stage? Because the world of sports my friends, is full of evil. Surely Denmark should beat Greece in the final…guaranteeing me thousands of dollars. Unfortunately due to seeding, this isn’t possible, as Denmark would have to play Greece in the semifinals. Screwed by the man yet again.

Revised Predictions
QF1 England over Portugal 3-2
QF2 France over Greece 2-0
QF3 Sweden over Holland 1-1 (penalty kicks)
QF4 Czech Republic over Denmark 4-2
SF1 England over Sweden 2-2 (penalty kicks)
SF2 Czech Republic over France 3-0

Setting up a final where I either win 255 on England or 100 on the Czechs. We’ll Take England 3-2 in OT…Frank Lampard scores the winning goal.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?