Your Thoughts Exactly: Ahh the summer.

Wednesday, June 16, 2004

 

Ahh the summer.

The NBA finals is over, and I must admit, though I said the Pistons were the best team the Lakers have faced in all of their finals, I didn't think they would make it past 6 games. I guess I was sort of right. The Pistons were clearly the better team although they had inferior talent (I blame Phil Jackson), and unfortunately, I think this series also showed how important Karl Malone was to this team. I'm not saying that Malone was incredible or anything, but with Medvedenko and Devean George filling up your 4 spot, you're going to have troubles grabbing boards over Ben Wallace, 'Sheed, and... Elden Cambell? Horry probably could've filled in well enough, but they needed Malone and he wasn't there. And of course Gary Payton was a total no-show in the entire playoffs. So hopefully this is it for the Lakers.

But the Pistons were a fun team to watch, though I probably will only remember Ben Wallace from this entire series as doing anything memorable. And how did Chauncey get MVP? You could have replaced with any guard in the league and he would have done similarly. Also, how come Larry Brown looked somehow disappointed to have won the title? It's like it would have meant so much more if he had won with the Sixers in '01, or maybe the 100 other teams he's coached. Very weird. I've never seen anybody smile less during a trophy presentation.

And now there is nothing but a gaping hole in sports, with MLB left to fill in. At least the ChiSox-Cubs games are upcoming. But after that there is a huge hole that somehow, the WNBA just doesn't fill.
But now I have to wait another 2-3 months for the following:

NFL Season
NFL Pick'em
Madden '05
MLB Playoffs
OC Season 2
Half-Life 2
Doom 3
Dark Tower 7
Life with David Harris

How can I make it through the next two months with nothing to live for? Maybe I can channel all this boredom and find a job. But probably not.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?