Your Thoughts Exactly: Another day... another left-wing anti-religious post

Tuesday, May 18, 2004

 

Another day... another left-wing anti-religious post

You know, I would like someone to explain this to me. Every day (I live in St. Louis, the city of churches, apparently... there are two within 100 yards of me) I get bombarded with "Jesus Saves" and "Jesus died for our sins." I have never understood, for a single second, how Christians think that Jesus died for their sins? First of all, this guy died 2000 years ago, and I'm pretty sure people have been sinning ever since... was this a one time deal? Doesn't Jesus need to come back and give the world a good sin scrubbing every once in a while? Or is He more of a "keeps you sin-free for 5,000 years" application?
I'll admit I haven't been as well versed in Christian literature as I could/should be. But how did Jesus dying save the world from ourselves? First of all, this guy is basically an extension of God, supposedly. What difference does it make for God to 'give up his only son' if he's God? If God wanted us to be free from sin, couldn't he have just said 'ok, you're free from sin'? No, of course, he has to create a human form of himself and then kill it to prove that he loves us. Yeah, that sounds pretty rational to me.
Secondly, if I were the son of God, I think I'd feel pretty good about dying. Well gee, I'm the most powerful person to ever walk the earth, and after these nails get spiked into my wrist, I get to go to fucking PARADISE FOR ETERNITY. Damn... Jesus suffered for 12 HOURS! WOW! Apparently David Blaine is the second coming then, right?
And now, Christians all over the world think that all they have to do to get into heaven is to have faith in Jesus, and to recognize that he died for our sins. You could murder babies all your life, and as long as your repent and have faith in the fact that Jesus died for you to kill those babies, it's heaven for you. What is this? Does this make any sense?
Is it that God has some kind of inferiority complex that he needs people to believe in Him? Did the other Gods give him wedgies in middle school? And if you really want people to believe in you, how's this for advice: Try getting off your ass more than once every 2,000 years.

And if it sounds like I'm making fun of anyone who believes in these things, then you're only partially right. I know, most Christians, Jews, Muslims, Buddhists, Atheists, are rational people. I mean, I believe in UFOs and aliens, and those are just as substantiated as the Bible. So I don't fault anyone for believing in these things. I just want to point out how ridiculous they are. Just like people point out that believing in UFOs and aliens is ridiculous. And I can accept that. So please don't murder me. After all, it's in those stone tablets that God burned out of the mountains, right?

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?